Associate Professor (Research)
Dr. S. Venkataprasad Bhat joined SRM Research Institute in February 2014 and is leading the Green Energy Materials group.
Before joining SRM, he has worked as a post-doctoral research associate at Birck Nanotechnology Centre, Purdue University, USA for 3 years after completing his doctoral studies in materials science at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre forAdvanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, India.
He has experience of working on solution based processing of functional materials and fabrication as well as characterization of various optoelectronic devices.
Green Energy Materials (GEM) group
M.Sc./M.Tech/B.Tech Project students:
Facilities @ GEM group
M.Sc./M.Tech/B.Tech Project students:
30) Bhuvaneshwari E, M. Dhanasekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat
Solution processed transparent anatase TiO2 nanoparticles / MoO3 nanostructures heterojunction: High
performance self-powered UV detector for low-power and low-light applications
29) M. Dhanasekar and S. Venkataprasad Bhat
Low-temperature, solution processed device quality CZTS film for efficient heterojunction
Thermochromic Behavior of VO2/GO and VO2/rGO Nanocomposites prepared by
a facile hydrothermal method
27) Vinayak Vitthal Satale, S. Venkataprasad Bhat
Superstrate type CZTS solar cell with all solution processed functional layers at low temperature
26) S. Sekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat
2D-BCNO with Eu3+: Partial energy transfer and direct natural white light for LEDs,
25) E. Indubala, M. Dhanasekar, V. Sudha, E. J. Padma Malar, P. Divya, Jositta Sherine, Revathy Rajagopal,
S. Venkataprasad Bhat and S. Harinipriya,
L-Alanine capping of ZnO nanorods: increased carrier concentration in ZnO/CuI heterojunction diode
24) S. Venkataprasad Bhat*, M. Dhanasekar, K. M. Rickey, X. Ruan
Facile In Situ Growth of Nanostructured Copper Sulfide Films Directly on FTO Coated Glass
Substrate as Efficient Counter Electrodes for Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells
23) M. Dhanasekar , V. Jenefer , Reshma B. Nambiar , S. Ganesh Babu , S. Periyar Selvam,
B. Neppolian, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*
Ambient light antimicrobial activity of reduced graphene oxide supported metal doped TiO2
nanoparticles and their PVA based polymer nanocomposite films
22) M. Dhanasekar, Satyajit Ratha, Chandra Sekhar Rout*, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Efficient sono-photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue using nickel molybdate
nanosheets under diffused sunlight
21) R. Vinoth, S. Ganesh Babu, Vishal Bharti, V. Gupta, M. Navaneethan, S. Venkataprasad Bhat,
C. Muthamizhchelvan, Praveen C. Ramamurthy, Chhavi Sharma, Dinesh K. Aswal,
Yasuhiro Hayakawa & B. Neppolian:
Ruthenium based metallopolymer grafted reduced graphene oxide as a new hybrid solar
light harvester in polymer solar cells.
20) M. Dhanasekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Facile synthesis of Cu2ZnSnS4 absorber layer for thin film solar cells using a highly stable
19) Moon Paul, M. Dhanasekar, S. Venkataprasad Bhat*:
Silver doped h-MoO3 nanorods for sonophotocatalytic degradation of organic pollutants
in ambient sunlight.
18) R. Paul*, R. N. Gayen, S. Biswas, S. Venkataprasad Bhat* and R. Bhunia:
Enhanced UV detection by transparent graphene oxide/ZnO composite thin films.
17) Rickey, K.M., Nian, Q., Zhang, G., Chen, L., Suslov, S., Bhat, S.Venkataprasad., Wu, Y.,
Cheng, G.J., Ruan, X.:
Welding of Semiconductor Nanowires by Coupling Laser-Induced Peening and Localized Heating.
16) Qiong Nian, Martin Y. Zhang, Yuefeng Wang, Suprem R Das, S. Venkataprasad Bhat,
Fuqiang Huang, Gary J. Cheng:
Charge carrier transport and collection enhancement of copper indium diselenide photoactive
nanoparticle-ink by laser crystallization.
15) B. T. Spann, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Q. Nian, K. M. Rickey, G. J. Cheng, X. Ruan , X. Xu:
Enhancing Photo-induced Ultrafast Charge Transfer across Heterojunctions of CdS and
Laser-Sintered TiO2 Nanocrystals.
14) K. M. Rickey, G. Zhang, L. Chen, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Y. Wu, G. Cheng, X. Ruan:
Effects of rapid thermal processing and pulse-laser sintering on CdTe nanofilms for photovoltaic
13) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Govindaraj, C.N.R. Rao:
Hybrid solar cell based on P3HT–ZnO nanoparticle blend in the inverted device configuration.
12) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, S. B. Krupanidhi, and C. N. R. Rao:
A Comparative Study of the Effect of Metallic Au and ReO3 Nanoparticles on the Performance of
Silicon Solar Cells.
11) D. Swain, V.Bhadram, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, G. Pradhan, C. Narayana and C. N. R. Rao:
Superionic Phase transition in KHSO4: A Temperature Dependent Raman Investigation.
10) Prashant Kumar, L. S. Panchakarla, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Urmimala Maitra,
K. S. Subrahmanyam and C. N. R. Rao:
Photoluminescence, white-light emitting properties and related aspects of ZnO nanoparticles
admixed with graphene and GaN.
9) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Govindaraj,and C. N. R. Rao:
Photoluminescence and photoconducting properties of ZnO nanoparticles.
8) Anirban Ghosh, Jyoti Ranjan Sahu, S. Venkataprasad Bhat and C.N.R. Rao:
A Raman study of multiferroic LuMnO3.
7) R.V.K. Mangalam, S.Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Iyo, Y. Tanaka, A. Sundaresan and C.N.R. Rao:
Dielectric properties, thermal decomposition and related aspects of BiAlO3.
6) B. Chitara, S. Venkataprasad Bhat, S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Gomathi and C. N. R. Rao:
White-light sources based on composites of GaN nanocrystals with conducting polymers and
5) Kaniska Biswas, S. Venkataprasad Bhat and C. N. R. Rao:
Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectra of Aza-aromatics on Nanocrystals of Metallic ReO3.
4) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, Kaniska Biswas and C. N. R. Rao:
Synthesis and optical properties of In-doped GaN nanocrystals.
3) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and S. R. C. Vivekchand:
Optical spectroscopic studies of composites on conducting PANI with CdSe and ZnO Nanocrystals.
2) S. Venkataprasad Bhat, A. Govindaraj and C. N. R. Rao:
Tuning the emission bands of nanophosphors through the refractive index of the medium.
1) S. Venkataprasad Bhat and F. L. Deepak:
Tuning the bandgap of ZnO by substitution with Mn2+, Co2+ and Ni2+.
1. A COMPOSITION FOR PREPARING CZTS THIN FILMS AND A PROCESS FOR PREPARING THE COMPOSITION, Indian Patent - Application No 201741012657, M Dhanasekar and S. Venkataprasad Bhat, published on12th October 2018.
Highly motivated students/researchers with background/interest in materials science, physics, chemistry, nanotechnology and related subjects are welcome to the group. Please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your details.
Office: RRP-609, 6th Floor, Sir C. V. Raman Research Park,
SRM Research Institute,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Chengalpattu District.
Tamil Nadu, India. PIN:603203