National Conference on Emerging Trends in Commerce and Management
Department of Commerce conducted National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Commerce and Management” on 13.12.19.
Dr.A.Jayabal – Head, Department of Commerce welcomed the gathering. Dr.C.Sundar- Dean and Dr. B. Venkatachalapathy, Dean, Research offered their felicitations.
The Chief guest Dr.K. Subramanian, Excecutive Director (R&D) Power Gear Ltd. shared his personal experience in the context of Global and Indian scenario of research involvement. Also, he discussed about digitalization of commercial activities around the world. He insisted on involvement of students in robotic projects. He said that company’s involvement in the field of research scientific methods to drive and grow with the new technology is inevitable. He said that in order to bridge the gap in the global market it is necessary to be innovative. This will help the client requirement and to retain them for long run.
The Chief guest Mr. Rajini Kaanthan, IAS, Director of Census Operations Tamilnadu and Pondicherry in his address said that, The National Industrial Classification (NIC) is an essential Statistical Standard for developing and maintaining comparable data base according to economic activities. It recommends the classification of economic activity under three broad categories viz.,
- Primary Production (Agriculture And Mining);
- Secondary Production (Manufacturing And Construction) ; And
- Services (Transport, Commerce, Administration, Etc.)
Other dignitaries are
- Dr.A Krishnan, Asst Professor Presidency College Chennai
- Dr.Varadharajan ,Head & Research Advisor In Commerce Govt College Perumbakkam
- Dr.Xavier Amaladoss ,Director, Mejel & Mejel Academy,Perambalur