The SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre is situated on the NH 45 GST road at Potheri between Tambaram and Chengalpattu in a sprawling 33.61-acre campus. The proximity of the Medical College Hospital campus to other Institutions of the SRM Institute of Science and Technology namely Engineering, Management, Dental, Arts & Science and Biotechnology is strategic in facilitating collaborative research. The Hospital serves a population of over 3,00,000 in and around Kattankulathur.
SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (SRM MCHRC) offers a plethora of opportunities to climb the career ladder as well as to change this world healthier providing the sophisticated treatment. With an annual intake of 150 students for Undergraduate, the medical college was commenced in 2005 and Postgraduate courses were started in 2011. The Hospital beds strength was started originally from 300, subsequently increased to 500,750 and presently with 1210 beds.
The facility of collaborative research in SRM Medical College and Hospital Campus is the focal point availing to the proximity to other institutions at the University.
Commitment, Teamwork, Communication, Integrity, Perseverance, Innovation, Accountability
- To provide high quality medical education
- To provide environment conducive to the intellectual, emotional and economic growth of the faculty students and support staff
- To pursue relevant medical research of International standards.
- To produce competent compassionate ethical and socially – responsive physician with a holistic approach to health care.
- To strive for excellence in everything we do
- To understand and embrace the diverse beliefs, needs and expectation of our patients, community and employees
- To provide patients the best possible clinical care in a caring safe, high quality cost efficient and timely manner.
- To establish an infrastructure to support efforts for continuous quality improvement and patient care quality and safety initiatives by identifying and validating quantitative measures for objective outcomes assessment and comparisons to best practice models.
- To create infrastructure to support effective and efficient clinical activities.
- To establish a forum for frequent and effective Intra and inter Departmental communications around clinical activities and initiatives.
- To create an infrastructure to support effective and efficient research and scholarly activities;
- To be Locally, Regionally, Nationally and Internationally recognized as an outstanding Institution imparting the best health care and health education.