SAE is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. Our core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development
Mission: To advance mobility knowledge and solutions for the benefit of humanity.
Vision: SAE is the leader in connecting and educating mobility professionals to enable safe, clean, and accessible mobility solutions.
SAEINDIA is India's leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member-driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students.
SAE’s Collegiate Design Series (CDS) competitions take students beyond textbook theory by enabling them to design, build, and test the performance of a real vehicle and then compete with other students from around the globe in exciting and intense competitions. All CDS competitions prepare undergraduate and graduate engineering students in a variety of disciplines for future employment in mobility-related industries by challenging them with a hands-on, team engineering experience that also requires budgeting, communication, project management, and resource management skills. Students also gain valuable exposure with recruiters from leading companies in the mobility industry to help land their first engineering job after graduation.
Vision & Mission
- We are the most preferred technical body for knowledge dissemination & skill development of mobility professionals, students, and faculty
- We are a trusted think-tank advising policymakers on Mobility-Related Matters
- We are a self-sustaining Society with more than 10% of Mobility Professionals as Members
- We are a nimble and Professional Organization Creating Value for Mobility Engineering Community
Why should you Join SAEINDIA?
Be a part of a National organization with a link to SAE International, whose benefits are geared specifically to the needs of the mobility engineering community. Your formal education and professional development will be enhanced through your SAEINDIA member benefits. Many of these benefits and opportunities are outlined below.
- SAEINDIA is one of the few professional engineering societies whose membership represents practically every engineering and scientific discipline. Its members combine their specialized abilities to further advance the research, development, design, manufacture and utilization of vehicles which operate on land and water and in air and space.
- Membership provides for regular members to have access to emagazine- either Automotive Engineering International or Aerospace Engineering magazine. These award winning magazines target hot topics about ground vehicle and aircraft developments to provide members with a valuable resource for keeping pace with the rapidly changing technology in the mobility industry.
- Members can purchase SAEINDIA and SAE International technical papers and publications at member discount prices.
- Members receive free registration at SAEINDIA's lecture meetings and exhibits. This unique benefit puts the members in touch with other professional engineers and suppliers who determine the future of the expanding mobility industry worldwide.
- SAEINDIA regularly plans and offers many career development activities such as job fairs, career enhancement sessions, resume/recruitment boards, and resume database services. Professional development seminars are also available at special member discounted rates, as well as undergraduate and graduate scholarship programs.
- Access vital high-tech mobility information through renewal registration fee for attending SAEINDIA National and International Congress.
- Network with industry leaders and corporate officials at SAEINDIA meetings and local section activities.
- Save Rs.2500 to Rs.10000 while attending SAEINDIA professional development business and TOP TECH Programs.
Membership Classification & Benefits
Applicants to SAEINDIA are reviewed by the Membership Grading Committee to determine their experience, level of engineering involvement and educational background before they are accepted and assigned as member, associate member or affiliate grade.
SAEINDIA MEMBERSHIP GRADES
Listed below are the qualifications for each grade of SAEINDIA membership as stated in the Bylaws:
This grade shall be composed of persons having a qualified College or University degree in Engineering and a minimum of five(5) years of professional technical experience or having the required equivalent years of technical education and professional technical experience or who have rendered distinguished service and are having noteworthy accomplishments in the area of Mobility Engineering or who have been members of SAEINDIA or IAE (India).
This grade shall be composed of persons having a qualified College or University degree in Engineering or having the required equivalent years of technical education and professional technical experience but have not yet attained the experience and level of responsibility to qualify for grade of member or who have been Associate members of SAEINDIA or IAE (India).
This grade shall be composed of persons whose affiliation supports the objectives of SAEINDIA but do not meet the requirements for Members and Associate Members or who have been Affiliate members of SAEINDIA or IAE (India). Applicants who are elected to either Associate or Affiliate grade may apply for a grade transfer after they have obtained more experience in the mobility engineering field.
Events for Professional Members
- Top Tech
- Lecture Meetings
- Faculty Advisor Forums
- KRT Trek
- SAE Paper Download
- KRT Convention
- Knowledge Round Table (KRT)
- Faculty Internship In Industry (F2I)
- Awards & Nomination
- ADMMS International Conference - 2019
- KRT Competition
Events for Student SAE Members:
- Student Convention 2019-2020
- Student Trek
- Supra SAEINDIA
- Aero Design Challenge
- Bicycle Design Competition
- Electric Two Wheeler Design Competition
- Tractor Design Competition
- Expert Speaker Panel
- Factory Visit
- Student Execution Council
Events for School Children’s:
- List of Schools Enrolled
- Master Teachers
- Master Teacher Training
- Regional Olympics
- National Olympics
In Baja SAE, engineering students are tasked with designing and building a single-seat, all-terrain sporting vehicle that is to be a prototype for a reliable, maintainable, ergonomic, and economic production vehicle that serves a recreational user market. The students must function as a team to design, engineer, build, test, promote, and compete with a vehicle within the limits of the rules.
The event provides a platform for students to apply their engineering skills to design and construct a Formula category vehicle as per defined performance and safety specifications. SUPRA SAEINDIA 2017 comprised of a series of Static and Dynamic events spread over five days, concluding with a final Endurance run.
SAE Aero Design Challenge
The SAE Aero Design competition is a real‐world design challenge designed to compress a typical aircraft development program into one calendar year, taking participants through the system engineering process of breaking down requirements. It exposes participants to the nuances of conceptual design, manufacturing, system integration/test, and sell‐off through demonstration.
SAE Tractor Design Competition
Unique Engineering Design Competition for Students with a realistic 360-degree workplace experience.
Students gain practical technical experience in the areas
- Design of drive train systems
- Tractor performance
- Manufacturing processes
- Analysis of tractive forces
For further more details just click on the below links
SAE INTERNATIONAL: https://www.sae.org/
SAEINDIA : https://www.saeindia.org/
SAEINDIA SOUTHERN SECTION: http://saeiss.org/
About SRM SAE Collegiate Club
The SRM SAE Collegiate Club is the foremost Techno - Management club affiliated to SAEINDIA and is highly student driven. It was formulated on the basis of the core values and vision of SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and strives to bring about a positive change to the society.
It is led on its path to improve technical education and awareness by three very prominent and efficient Faculty Advisors, namely, Dr. M. Cheralathan, Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, SRM IST and Chairman, SAEINDIA Southern Section, Mahindra World City Division and Prof. P. Baskara Sethupathi, Assistant Professor (Sr.G), Department of Automobile Engineering and 3 time Treasurer of SAEINDIA Southern Section, Mahindra World City Division and also Champion of SAEINDIA BAJA event and Dr. R. Murugesan, Assistant Professor (Sr.G), Department of Mechanical Engineering and Managing committee member of SAEINDIA Southern Section, Mahindra World City Division for 2020 – 2022.
The SRM SAE Collegiate Club supports all the activities of SAEINDIA and has conducted numerous events like SUPRA, BAJA, Aero Design Challenge and the newly launched, Tractor Design Competition, apart from SAEINDIA Student Convention Tier I, II & III events.
Student members have also shown great initiative and support for continuous improvement and have upheld the SRM & SAE name in all their endeavors.