Distance Education is an important arena in Higher Education, in the achievement of equal educational opportunities for those who do not have access to traditional classroom-based learning. The Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), SRM IST holds a great potential in turning itself into a leading source of knowledge acquisition and skill development to enhance education for all and life-long learning. The programs have been designed to be job-oriented and industry-relevant. The learners would have opportunities in exposing themselves to a multiplicity of learning experiences in the form of self-learning materials, face-to-face counselling and Web-based sources. Here are some of the features of DDE under SRMIST. The semester system and credit-based curriculum matches universal practices.
- Sourcing knowledge from different quarters including industries
- Technology based delivery system ensures greater participation from students.
- Priority to be given to skill- development wherever possible.
- Providing quality education by combining the best features available in both on-campus and distance education models.
- Scientific and objective evaluation system to establish credibility and standing for SRMIST Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates.
- Online mentoring by industry practitioners and professionals.
- Content development teams leverage scientific methods in the development of learning/reference materials and practices to create and promote cognitive learning experiences.